CanadianSolar bifacial solar panels represent the state-of-the-art in solar array panel technology. By not placing an opaque backing sheet on their solar modules, sunlight can pass through the modules, reflect off the ground/surface behind them, and generate extra electricity when the reflected light hits the back of the panel. This ‘recycled’ sunlight can mean up to 30% more power output from your solar system (depending on installation location and insolation).
Bifacial panels can be especially effective in northern latitudes because although daylight hours may be short in the winter, snow is exceptionally reflective when the sun is out. Other good reflective surfaces would be a pivoting mounting bracket on a white RV roof (fold the panel down for travel, and up to maximize back-side reflection when you’re parked), or an array rack situated in front of a cement or light sandy ground surface.
- The CanadianSolar CS3U-375MB-AG solar module has a nominal maximum power rating for the front surface of 375W. At maximum bifacial gain (30%) that means each panel can produce up to 488W of power under ideal circumstances.
- These panels use standard MC4 connectors, and MC4 jumpers are included with every panel.
- Snow load rating up to 5400 Pa, and wind load up to 2400 Pa
- Operating temperature range: -40°‐185°F
- Dimensions: 39″W x 79.6″L x 1.2″H
- Weight: 57.1 lbs. (25.9 kg)
- Front + Back 2.0mm Tempered Glass
- Anodized aluminum allow frame
- 30 year linear power output warranty
- 12 year warranty on materials & workmanship