The Bergey Excel-10R off-grid wind turbine offers the output you need to power your home or farm with a single independent power source. The EXCEL-10R has a rotor diameter of 23 feet (7m), and peak power output over 10K watts. Between the standard marine-grade corrosion protection, and Bergey’s Autofurl protection (which protects the turbine from damage in high winds), the EXCEL-10R turbine is a powerful and durable addition to any off-grid power system.
The turbine itself produces high-voltage power, so it can be sited some distance from the household power system without excessive line loss. This special includes a VCS-II 48V turbine controller to simplify your system design process.
The Excel’s 23 foot diameter blades are flexible in torsion, with a unique pitch-weight attached to the leading edges. The blades are set at a higher pitch to aid start-up, but then ‘flatten out’ to improve aerodynamics at higher speeds. At 30-34mph, the passive Autofurl wind speed protection design kicks in, as the rotor furling thrust overcomes the tail resistance, preventing high wind speed damage to the turbine.
With only 4 moving parts, and an exceptional 5 year warranty, the Bergey Excel series should provide reliable power production at virtually any site, for years to come. No scheduled maintenance is required beyond biannual inspections, and replacement of the outer 3 feet of blade edge tape every 4-5 years. And now, every Bergey Excel 10kW turbine includes their ECP enhanced (marine grade) corrosion protection treatment!
Excel 10 Turbine Specifications:
- Start-up Speed: 3.4 m/s (7.5 mph)
- Cut-in Speed: 2.5 m/s (5.6 mph)
- Rated Wind Speed: 60 m/s (134 mph)
- Nominal Power: 10 kW @ 12 m/s (27 mph)
- Cut-Out Speed: None
- Furling Speed: 14–20 m/s (31–45 mph)
- Max. Design Speed: 60 m/s (134 mph)
- Type: 3 Blade Upwind
- Rotor Diameter: 7 m (23 ft.)
- Blade Pitch Control: None, Fixed Pitch
- Overspeed Protection: AUTOFURL
- Gearbox: None, Direct Drive
- Temperature Range: -40 to +60 Deg. C (-40 to +140 Deg. F)
- Generator: Permanent Magnet Alternator
- Output Form: 48V DC with included VCSII 48V controller
- Functional Features: Full length pultruded fiberglass blades, neodymium PMA, stainless steel mainframe, sealed enclosure for slip ring and bush assembly, extra marine grade coating on stator.