Protect your RV & ‘house’ batteries from poorly adjusted generators, and unreliable public power outages/brown-outs. Iota’s DLS series converter-chargers provide high quality DC power wherever a source of 110 volt AC power is available. Whether you are using a generator or want a reliable power conditioner. DLS Power Converters protect your batteries and DC appliances from power spikes and fluctuations.
DLS-75 is set to a voltage compatible for use as a Charger or Converter/Power Supply for 12 volt systems, and includes Quick Charge’s IQ4 “smart charging” control. AC input 108-132VAC, 47-63Hz. Please see specifications for details. Recommended charge rate is 15% of battery bank capacity. i.e. 100AH x 0.15 = 15 amp charger. Highly recommended not to exceed charge rate over 20% of battery bank capacity.
(NOTE: The DLS75 has a NEMA 120V 20 amp UL AC plug that is different from a standard plug. This may need an adapter or may be cut off and replaced without affecting warranty.)
- State-of-the-Art switch mode technology. Engineered with the user and variable environmental conditions in mind.
- Exceptionally clean DC output. Insures pumps, motors, fans, lights, etc. work correctly. Meaning longer life for connected loads; virtually no AC ripple to cause static or premature failure of radio or television equipment.
- Quickly and efficiently charges batteries. When used as a battery charger (make sure ordering correct voltage setting model).
- Protection against low and transient AC line voltage; as well as spikes.
- Meets F.C.C. criteria, minimizing radio and television equipment interference. Especially on the lower frequency bands.
- Can be used with or without a battery. When used as a convert/power supply. When not in use it is essentially off, reducing electricity usage.
- Lower Operating temperature. Half that of some switch mode electronic models. Meaning substantially longer life and safer operation.
- Tight line-load regulation. Ensures that the output voltage holds steady from no load to full load. Keeps pumps, motors, lights, fans, radios, televisions, etc. at the correct voltage, even during brown-out situations.
- Proportional Fan Circuitry. During times of heavy load demands, the automatic circuitry will activate the fan before thermal stress can occur on any internal components.
- External Fuses. Protection against improper wiring. Easily replaced.
- CANNOT use an IQ-4 model if your DLS is going to be connected in series. Iota highly recommends using the same model units when connecting in series or parallel.
- UL Listed
- 2 Year Iota Warranty.
The IQ4 Charge Controller allows the DLS Series battery charger to operate as an automatic “smart charger”, delivering the charge your battery needs at the time it needs it. The IQ4 uses four different charging modes to keep your battery in peak condition.
The Bulk Stage of the IQ4 allows the batteries to be charged from the full rated output of the charger (for example, a 12V charger will charge at a maximum of 14.8V). This increased charging period reduces the overall charging time of the battery.
After the Bulk Stage, the IQ4 then moves to the Absorption Stage (14.2V for a 12V battery, 24.4V for 24V battery). This mode will continue for up to 480 minutes (8 hours) to ensure that the battery receives a complete charge.
During the Float Stage, the IQ4 reduces the DLS charge voltage. This reduced voltage maintains the full charge while minimizing ‘gassing’ of the battery. The IQ4’s float stage prevents boiling and bulging of the battery caused when the battery is exposed to higher charging voltages for too long.
If the batteries remain in a “float stage” for a seven-day period, the IQ4 will switch the DLS charger into a pre-programmed Equalization Stage. This protects the life of your battery by dissolving any sulfate layer on the battery’s internal plates and avoids stratification that can occur when a battery has not been in use for extended periods. (The Equalization stage only reaches up to 14.8V for 12V, 29.6V for 24V, for 15-20 minutes. Will not adversly affect SLA batteries.)