MidNite Solar’s 30 amp Kid MPPT charge controller is the most versatile charge controller of its class available, and the only one made in the USA. The Kid is designed for small to medium size renewable power systems, and its compact size is ideal for cabins, RVs, or tiny home power systems. Maximum Power Point Tracking technology ensures you get the most power possible from your solar array, and the load circuit with load diversion mode allows you to use power from your PV array even when your battery bank is fully charged.
- Easy System Expansion:
- When your power needs increase, you can easily add more solar panels and an additional Kid controller to your system, and get twice the power from one run of PV wiring.
- Use Any Battery:
- The Kid controller is compatible with 12, 24, 36, or 48 volt battery banks. It can charge traditional flooded lead-acid, AGM or gel, and even Lithium or Calcium SMF style batteries.
- Load Circuit with Diversion Mode:
- The Kid features a dedicated load circuit, that can be used to directly run an electrical load such as a well pump, electric fence, hot water heater, or other similar loads. In load dumping mode, the Kid will divert excess electricity from your power source to power the external load, so your peak production hours won’t go to waste after your batteries are fully charged.
- Built-in Lighting Controller:
- The Dusk Plus and Dawn Minus lighting control feature will automatically turn an attached lighting system on at sunset and off at dawn, in addition to a separate user-determined on/off cycle at whatever time you set it to. This feature saves battery power, by automatically turning your outdoor lighting off at bedtime, while allowing you to have it turn back on when it’s time to get up.
- Easy On-Board Monitoring:
- The LED indicators let you know if your battery bank has been fully charged within the last two weeks, while the LCD display shows your PV input, battery voltage, and current state of charge.