Keep your 12 volt lead-acid batteries in peak condition with PulseTech’s 3 watt SolarPulse charger. Both a trickle charger and a pulse conditioner, the SolarPulse prevents damaging sulfation buildup on the battery plates, without requiring any outside electrical power.
The SolarPulse is perfect for keeping recreational vehicle or marine batteries conditioned during off-season storage, ensuring your backup generator is always ready when you need it, and much more!
- Ideal for virtually any kind of vehicle and equipment in areas without access to electrical power, including motor carriers, rail cars, sailboats, recreational vehicles, gensets and more.
- Unique industrial-strength 3-watt panel is almost HALF THE SIZE of comparable solar chargers yet provides full 3-watt power
- Smaller panel provides more installation options
- Low-profile industrial-strength solar panel mounts flat (no frame required)
- Works with every type of 12-Volt lead-acid battery (flooded, AGM and gel cell)
- Cleans battery plates of large damaging lead-sulfates so batteries can accept, store and release MAXIMUM power when you need it
- Helps offset energy-robbing key-off parasitic loads
- Prevents the normal loss of battery power on vehicles stored outside no matter how long they sit unused – even months at a time
- Helps extend battery life up to 3X longer
- Five-year manufacturer, limited warranty
From the manufacturer:
The PulseTech® SP-3 SolarPulse® 3-Watt Solar Charger restores and maintains the normal loss of 12V lead-acid battery power on seldom-used outdoor vehicles and equipment. SolarPulse’s higher efficiency, higher quality crystalline silicon cells pack more power per square inch and have longer life than standard amorphous “thin-film” solar cells for a sturdier smaller-sized solar panel. Plastic-coated panels are virtually indestructible and impervious to weather and age. The SP-3 is a higher watt version of the SP-2 Solar Charger, 2W (NSN 6130-01-388-0245).
To understand how pulse conditioning works, you need to know that batteries ‘wear out’ because the electrolyte inside them slowly crystallizes over time, building up lead sulfite deposits on the battery plates. These deposits effectively insulate the battery plates, making it harder and harder for the battery to create electrical current. Eventually, the battery will not hold enough of a charge to function properly. This photo shows the results of a 4-year test conducted by PulseTech, showing how pulse charging technology helps prevent this damaging buildup. After 4 years of every other day charging/discharging, the PulseTech charged battery plates still look almost new.
- Pulse Frequency 22-28 KHz
- Max Charging DC Voltage 16.5V, 240 mA
- Reverse Polarity Protected Yes
- Circuit Box Dimensions 3.4″ X 2.25″ X 1.5″
- Solar Panel Dimensions 4.7″ X 9.45″ X 0.25″
- Box to Lugs Wire Length: 3 feet
- Box to Panel Wire Length: 17 feet
- Weight 1.65 lb.