Protect your RV & ‘house’ batteries from poorly adjusted generators, and unreliable public power outages/brown-outs. Iota’s DLS series converter-chargers provide high quality DC power wherever a source of 110 volt AC power is available. Whether you are using a generator or want a reliable power conditioner. DLS Power Converters protect your batteries and DC appliances from power spikes and fluctuations.
The DLS-45 is set to a voltage compatible for use as a Charger or Converter/Power Supply for 12 volt systems. AC input 108-132VAC, 47-63Hz. Please see specifications for details. Recommended charge rate is 15% of battery bank capacity. i.e. 100AH x 0.15 = 15 amp charger. Highly recommended not to exceed charge rate over 20% of battery bank capacity.
DLS series chargers can be used with the IQ-4, 4-stage smart controller for maximum charging efficiency and battery life. Buy an external IQ-4 plug it in instead of the dual voltage jack, or select the internal IQ-4 option below. Please also note in the comments at check out if you have selected to add on the internal IQ-4 controller as an option.
See our description on the IQ-4 for more information on it.
Without the IQ-4 a dual voltage jack is used to provide manual, two-stage adjustment between long term storage (13.6v) and charging voltage (14.2v).
- State-of-the-Art switch mode technology. Engineered with the user and variable environmental conditions in mind.
- Exceptionally clean DC output. Insures pumps, motors, fans, lights, etc. work correctly. Meaning longer life for connected loads; virtually no AC ripple to cause static or premature failure of radio or television equipment.
- Quickly and efficiently charges batteries. When used as a battery charger (make sure ordering correct voltage setting model).
- Protection against low and transient AC line voltage; as well as spikes.
- Meets F.C.C. criteria, minimizing radio and television equipment interference. Especially on the lower frequency bands.
- Can be used with or without a battery. When used as a convert/power supply. When not in use it is essentially off, reducing electricity usage.
- Lower Operating temperature. Half that of some switch mode electronic models. Meaning substantially longer life and safer operation.
- Tight line-load regulation. Ensures that the output voltage holds steady from no load to full load. Keeps pumps, motors, lights, fans, radios, televisions, etc. at the correct voltage, even during brown-out situations.
- Proportional Fan Circuitry. During times of heavy load demands, the automatic circuitry will activate the fan before thermal stress can occur on any internal components.
- External Fuses. Protection against improper wiring. Easily replaced.
- Multiple units can be operated in parallel to increase amperage, or series to increase voltage. See IQ4-Parallel to synchronize charging of two DLS chargers in parallel. CANNOT use an IQ-4 if connected in series. Iota highly recommends using the same model units when connecting in series or parallel.
- UL Listed
- 2 Year Iota Warranty.
Typically in stock at our Alaska and Washington locations. With internal IQ-4 is only stocked. Please call if you need to order in quantity.