MidNite Solar’s Classic MPPT charge controller is made in the USA, and offers best-in-class features at a great price. The Classic charge controller series is currently the only MPPT controller to offer arc fault protection, alongside built-in ground fault, over- and low-voltage, short circuit, and reverse polarity protection. MidNite’s HyperVOC feature protects the controller from over-voltage situations (that can occur with solar systems in cold climates), and your charge controller ships with a MidNite battery temperature sensor, so your whole system operates optimally in a variety of weather conditions.
MidNite Solar also offers an industry first extended warranty policy on their Classic series controllers: 6 months prior to the end of the standard 5 year warranty, you can send your Classic back to MidNite, with a check for $147 plus shipping, and they will do a full tune-up on your controller, replacing any wearable parts, checking everything else, AND this service extends your warranty for an additional two years. No other solar component manufacturer offers anything like that!
- 150, 200, 250 operating voltages:
- Classic 150 max current out @ 12V: 96 amps (94A @ 24V and 86A @ 48V)
Classic 200 max current out @ 12V: 79 amps (78A @ 24/48V and 65A @ 72V)
Classic 250 max current out @ 12V: 63 amps (62A @ 24V, 55A @ 48V and 43A @ 72V)
- PV Open Circuit Voltage + HyperVOC:
- Classic150 = 150V + battery voltage up to 48V Example 150V + 48V = 198VOC
Classic200 = 200V + battery voltage up to 48V 248VOC
Classic250 = 250V + battery voltage up to 48V 298VOC
- Solar, Wind & Hydro MPPT
- The Classic MPPT controller features operation modes for all forms of home renewable energy: Photovoltaic (solar) panels, wind turbines, and micro-hydro turbines. One of the most versatile MPPT controllers available!
- MidNite Solar Local Application:
- This FREE application allows you to monitor your Classic charge controllers over your local network, or over the internet.
- Operates in almost any voltage:
- The Classic 150 can be used with a 12V, 24V or 48V battery bank. The Classic 200 and 250 can be used with 12V, 24V, 48V or 72V battery banks.
- Programmable Low Voltage Protection:
- Low Battery voltage disconnect and re-connect of loads fully programmable with 2 Auxiliary outputs to control external load disconnect/re-connect switches.
- Comprehensive System Performance Records:
- Your Classic controller stores 380 days of performance data, so you can monitor your system’s performance over time. The most recent 24 hours’ data is recorded in 5-minute increments, for detailed analysis.
- ETL listed to UL1741 and CSA (US & Canada), CE Certified, FCC Class B Listed