The Xantrex XW Auto Generator Start (XW-GSM or XW AGS) will automatically activate a generator to provide an XW Series Hybrid Inverter/Charger with power to recharge a depleted battery bank or provide additional power for heavy loads. The XW AGS adds intelligence to generator management, thereby eliminating time spent monitoring batteries and inverter loads. It does this by continuously monitoring the battery voltage, state-of-charge, or the inverter charge mode, starting and stopping the generator when the battery needs additional charging. The XW AGS will also start the generator to assist the system?s inverter/charger(s) when output power demands are high.
The XW AGS can be customized to suit each user?s preferences. The user can define whether the generator should be activated by low-battery voltage, state-of-charge, thermostat operation, or load on the inverter(s). A quiet-time setting prevents the generator from starting at inconvenient times. LED lights display the status of the XW AGS, while all user-defined settings are programmed through the XW system control panel (XW SCP).
- Compatibility ? the XW AGS connects to other Xanbus?-enabled XW System devices without requiring additional hubs, control cards, or other device-specific control panels
- Works with AC or DC generators with either two-wire or three-wire start controls
- Configurability ? comprehensive customizable triggers based on low-battery voltage, change in charging state, high inverter load, thermostat signals, planned exercise periods, max run-time, and quiet-time settings
- Non-volatile memory ? preserves XW AGS settings even if the network power is interrupted or network communication is disrupted
Note: The XW AGS requires an XW System Control Panel (XW SCP) for configuration and monitoring.
- LED display showing at-a-glance status
- 20-contact generator connector and three built-in relays support 13 preset generator configurations
- Built-in emergency shutdown
XW Hybrid Inverter/Chargers, XW Solar Charge Controllers, and XW System Control Panel