The Scott Hydro Turbine is rated at 1500 watts output. For comparison, a home using non-electric heat in the USA consumes on average about 1000 watts continuously, well within the potential of a single Scott Turbine. Unlike most water turbines which have axial or radial flows, in a cross-flow turbine, water passes through the turbine transversely or across the turbine blades. After passing the runner, it leaves on the opposite side. When the water leaves the runner, it helps clean the runner of small debris.
This price level includes the wiring & charge controller kit needed to integrate your Scott Hydro Turbine with an AC grid-intertie electrical system. Scroll down to see what the AC/grid-tie electrical installation kit includes.
The Advantages of a Scott Hydro Turbine:
- Designed & Manufactured for years of maintenance free service
- System runs 24/7—365 days a year in all weather conditions
- Turbine housing constructed of heat treated aluminum with powder coated finish
- Entire assembly made out of non-corrosive material
- Bearings are double sealed permanently lubed stainless steel
- The runner, shaft and fasteners are made from 300 series stainless steel
- Permanent magnet alternator: 3-phase AC direct drive with no gear box
- High voltage AC output for long line transmission capability
- 3-phase rectifier changes AC to DC for battery charging
- Generator is rated at 1500 watts output, and capable of up to 2000 watts depending on installation conditions
- Ideal for low head conditions as low as 20 feet of vertical drop
- The flat efficiency curve yields better annual performance than other turbine systems
- Excellent behavior with partial load or low stream flow
- Well suited for unattended electricity production
- There are only three rotating components = Simple maintenance
- Almost no turbine noise
- Self cleaning. No runner cleaning is necessary
- No dam required-simple diversion up stream or any water source meeting requirements
- Made in the United States of America
AC/Grid-Tie Electrical Kit: Everything you need to use your turbine with most utility interconnection programs (be sure to contact your local utility company to ensure you’re complying with all specific local requirements). Kit includes a pre-wired electrical panel — Ready to install on your wall and wire to your turbine and grid interconnection, including:
- The Midnight Solar AC Clipper — rectification/stop switch/PWM 200W diversion.
- Over-current protection.
- AC and DC surge protection.
- A PVP2000 grid-tie inverter.
- 8 bolt pattern 9.5 b.c. (at turbine)
- Recommend 15 or more feet net head (fall)
- Screened intake to prevent fish, leaves, and rocks from entering system
- Should have small shelter to cover unit
- 130 to 200 volts AC output rectified to DC for charge controller for battery setup, or grid connection
- Complete unit (Turbine and Generator mounted on Frame) weight 95 lbs