Sun-Mar Centrex toilets are designed with a central composting unit, and a separate toilet bowl. They’re easiest to use in a cabin or home where the toilet and composter can be installed on separate floors, so the toilet has sufficient clearance for the waste pipe to easily empty into the composting chamber. Unlike self-contained composting toilets, Centrex systems allow you to locate the composter outside the living area of your home, allowing you to use a more “normal” looking toilet unit.
About this model:
Designed for medium to heavy year-round use, the Centrex 3000 NE allows for both a longer composting cycle, and higher volume than the 2000 models. The Centrex 3000-NE does not require installation of a 12 Volt fan, but it is recommended for heavy seasonal, residential use, or where the installation is particularly subject to downdraft, being surrounded by high trees or hills. We also recommend the fan if you need to install a bend in your vent stack.
When used seasonally by up to 9 adults (or a family of 11), compost will normally only need removing annually each spring. In residential use compost will have to be extracted more frequently. When used residentially by up to 6 adults, or a family of 8, some compost will need to be emptied into the finishing drawer once every few months.
- AC/DC kit available to enable use with 12V DC.
- The Centrex 3000 is supplied with a 1″ drain hose which should be connected to the 1″ drain at the bottom of the unit. See Sun-Mar for more information on handling excess liquid.
- The Centrex 3000 is used with one or more 1 Pint Flush toilets.
- Add a 13″ or 17″ toilet bowl to complete the Centrex 3000 kit.
Necessary Accessories: (You can add these items to your cart from the Related Products tab, above.)
- Compost Sure Blue: Hemp stalk compost bulking material. Add some when you initially start using the toilet, and then add one cup per person/per day of use.
- Microbe Mix: Microbes and enzymes necessary for proper composting. Add some when you initially start using the toilet, and then add one scoop every two weeks of use.
- Compost Quick: Compost accelerating enzymes that keep your drum clean and assist aerobic decomposition. Spray the drum liner before you start using the toilet, and again each time the drum is emptied.
Pricing for IN-STORE purchase in Fairbanks or Anchorage. Call for a shipping quote if you need this item shipped to your location.
NOTE: Toilet orders are shipped directly from Sun-Mar. Lead time will vary, up to 4 weeks. If you need your order by a certain date, please call so we can check lead times before we place the order.