Sun-Mar Centrex toilets are designed with a central composting unit, and a separate toilet bowl. They’re easiest to use in a cabin or home where the toilet and composter can be installed on separate floors, so the toilet has sufficient clearance for the waste pipe to easily empty into the composting chamber. Unlike self-contained composting toilets, Centrex systems allow you to locate the composter outside the living area of your home, allowing you to use a more “normal” looking toilet unit.
About this model:
The Centrex 1000-NE is designed for weekend/light seasonal use or in a single person’s home. With light seasonal use by up to 5 adults, or a family of 7, compost will normally only need removing annually each spring. In residential use compost will have to be extracted more frequently.
The Centrex 1000-NE does not normally require a 12 Volt fan for the 4″ stack, unless you need to install a bend in the vent stack. In that case, a 1.4 Watt fan is available.
- Waterless Kit also available; requires purchase of a SUN-MAR dry toilet.
- The Centrex 1000-NE is supplied with a 1″ drain hose which should be connected to the 1″ drain at the bottom of the unit. See Sun-Mar for more information on handling excess liquid.
- The Centrex 1000-NE is used with a single 1 Pint Flush toilet.
- Add 17″ or 13″ 1 Pint Flush toilet to complete the set
Necessary Accessories: (You can add these items to your cart from the Related Products tab, above.)
- Compost Sure Blue: Hemp stalk compost bulking material. Add some when you initially start using the toilet, and then add one cup per person/per day of use.
- Microbe Mix: Microbes and enzymes necessary for proper composting. Add some when you initially start using the toilet, and then add one scoop every two weeks of use.
- Compost Quick: Compost accelerating enzymes that keep your drum clean and assist aerobic decomposition. Spray the drum liner before you start using the toilet, and again each time the drum is emptied.
FREE SHIPPING OFFER DETAILS: The free shipping offer applies to Sun-Mar toilets drop-shipped from Sun-Mar, to addresses within the contiguous 48 United States. Free shipping is via ground freight service only. If your shipping address is outside the contiguous 48 states, or you need faster delivery, we will provide a shipping quote for your approval prior to processing your payment.
NOTE: Toilet orders are shipped directly from Sun-Mar. Lead time will vary, up to 4 weeks. If you need your order by a certain date, please email your requirements to email@example.com so we can check lead times before you place the order.